Only Love is Real – The Story of Soulmates Reunited by Dr. Brian Weiss is a paradise for both the believers and the skeptics alike. For the believers, theories of soulmates will reaffirm their suspicions and even answer some of their doubts. The skeptics, on the other hand, will have a jolly good time scratching their heads to counter Dr. Brian Weiss’ views on the subject. Instead of writing another book review, I thought, perhaps, it would be best to present to you some of my favorite quotes from Only Love is Read by Dr. Brian Weiss. I had written a similar post in the past and had received quite an admirable response. Therefore, I thought of sharing yet another sunshine in the path of my readers. Consider it an early Diwali gift and enjoy!
- Destiny dictates the meeting of soulmates. We will meet them. But what we decide to do after that meeting falls in the province of choice or free will. A wrong choice or a missed chance can lead to incredible loneliness and suffering. A right choice, an opportunity realized, can bring us to profound bliss and happiness.
- “An abortion, or a miscarriage, usually involves an agreement between the mother and the soul that would enter the baby. Either the baby’s body would not be healthy enough to carry out its planned tasks in the coming life, ” I continued, “or the timing was not right for its purposes, or the outside situation had changed, such as the desertion of the father when the baby’s or mother’s plans required a father figure.
- If you are not fully in the present, you will look around and it will be gone. You will have missed the feel, the aroma, the delicacy and beauty of life. It will seem to be speeding past you. /n The past is finished. Learn from it and let it go. The future is not even here yet. Plan for it, but do not waste your time worrying about it. Worrying is worthless. When you stop ruminating about what has already happened, when you stop worrying about what might never happen, then you will be in the present moment. Then you will begin to experience joy in life.
- “Love can grow and bloom even in frozen soil and in the harshest conditions. It exists everywhere, and all the time. Love is a flower for all the seasons.”
- “I learned that violence is a profound ignorance. I died senselessly far away from my home and loved ones. I died because of the greed of others. The English and the Spanish were both stupid, killing each other for gold in faraway lands. Stealing gold from the others and killing themselves for it. Greed and violence killed these people…. They had all forgotten about love.”
- “Love is the ultimate answer. Love is not an abstraction but an actual energy, or spectrum of energies, which you can ‘create’ and maintain in your being. Just be loving. You are beginning to touch God within yourself.
- “Pride can get in the way of forgiving. Pride is one manifestation of ego. Ego is the transient, false self. You are not your body. You are not your brain. You are not your ego. You are greater than all of these.
- “Measure time, if you must, in lessons learned, not in minutes or hours or years.
- “Do not let depression or anxiety hold you back in your growth. Depression is losing perspective, forgetting, and taking things for granted. Sharpen your focus. Reset your values. Remember what should not be taken for granted. Shift your perspective, and remember what is important and what is less important. Get out of the rut. Remember to hope.
- Listen to your heart, to your own intuitive wisdom, when making important decisions, especially when deciding about a gift of destiny, such as a soulmate. Destiny will deposit its gift directly at your feet, but what you subsequently decide to do with that gift is up to you. If you rely exclusively on the advice of others, you may make terrible mistakes. Your heart knows what you need. Other people have other agendas.
- We hear the excuses of the mind all the time: I’m too young; I need more experience; I’m not ready to settle down yet; you are of a different religion (or race, region, social status, intellectual level, cultural background, and so on). These are all excuses, for souls possess none of these attributes. /n The person may recognize the chemistry. The attraction is definitely there, but the source of the chemistry is not understood. It is delusional to believe that this passion, this soul recognition and attraction, will be easily found again with another person. You do not run into such a soulmate every day, perhaps only one or two more in a lifetime.
Since Only Love is Real by Dr. Brian Weiss is an ocean of intriguing thoughts and mind-blowing theories/events, it was very hard to shortlist only 11 favorites. If you read the book, you will agree with me. Nevertheless, I am sure you enjoyed the post. If you have any personal soulmates-stories, share those in the comments section and spread love!