I’ll write something and I am sure that this feeling of mine would resonate with most of my readers. Sometimes, I feel that my days are ending while commuting to and from the office. You have felt it, too. Right? Where are the days going? What scares me the most is the thought of wasting my life away in search of code-fixes! Don’t you have similar fears? It is really a tough job to keep a positive spirit when one feels trapped inside an enormous bubble filled with negativity. Then what does keep us going? Thankfully, many people and things 🙂 We just forget to acknowledge their presence every day.
Today, on my way to the office (of course), I was browsing through my facebook page, and I came across the post in which the moderator, Corinne Rodrigues, of my favorite FB group, Write Tribe, had mentioned that tomorrow is World Gratitude Day. Well, that was my cue. The moments to be thankful should come every day, but if we forget to show our appreciation for the little gifts that God has bestowed upon us then World Gratitude Day is the best excuse to take a moment of self-realization. As soon as this thought hit me, I knew that I would like to spread awareness about this day and help as many people as I can. Therefore, I asked my husband and my teammates/friends in the office to make a list of the things/people that you are grateful for. As always, they embraced my idea with open arms. We’ll share our lists with one another, tomorrow. I am hoping to take a picture of all the lists and make that the featured image of this post; however, that will happen tomorrow. For now, here is my list of gratitude!
I am grateful for:
- Love – Ah, the love! I am one of those people who can state with no doubt in their hearts that they have been blessed with love. I have met with the best people — either by birth or by destiny — and they have all been nothing less than sweethearts to me. My family would move mountains to make me smile. However, my dad wouldn’t quit smoking, but other than that, any other wish is granted before even being asked for. My friends have been more than eager to accompany me through all kinds of thick and thin. I have even been blessed with love and care of my colleagues. Whichever part of life you may point at, Love has always been there in the form of one person or the other. I am grateful for every one of them :-*
- People who Accept me for who I am – People who have truly known me, know that I refuse to follow norms set by the society. I am as free spirited and as stubborn as they come. I hate to follow illogical and forced rules. Anybody who respects traditions would instantly hate my outrageous thoughts. However, I have found wonderful people in various aspects of my life, who have not only accepted all my silly ways but also loved me for speaking out my mind.
- Laughter – Whoever discovered laughter to be the best medicine must have been a genius. There is no problem in this world that cannot be cured by frequent doses of heartfelt laughter. I am grateful that I have been surrounded by the people who believe and cherish this saying. Moreover, I am grateful that I have the ability to laugh — excuse my language — my a** off whenever I want to.
- My Guardian Angel – I know that not everyone believes in the existence of a guardian angel, but I do! I believe that someone is watching over me. Someone who wants to see me thrive. I am grateful for my guardian angel who knows exactly which words would help me move on.
- Music – If I imagine my life without music, then I know that it would not be a life worth living. Of course, I have the best people, who keep me upbeat, but there are times when I would rather block all the noise away than be with anyone. During these isolation-demanding times, music is the only welcome companion for me. There is something about music that can soothe one’s wounds if one would just allow it to work its magic.
- Books – I am addicted to books. Can’t get enough of them. There is a world in each book that is waiting to be explored. Although I am a Kindle gal, now, I cannot resist the smell of a new book. If I am depressed and you wanna help, take me to a big bookstore. I’ll be back to my happy self in a few moments. Needless to say, I’ll insist on buying as many books as possible.
- My Inner Voice – I can rely on my inner voice most of the times. There is reason, compassion, and care in it. Although I am a stubborn person, somehow, my inner voice is untouched by my inability to be rational.
- Alcohol – Well, what can I say! I love the buzz. I am not addicted to it, but I cannot resist the temptation to drink and dance 😉
I don’t have words to express how much grateful I am to my wonderful friends and family for making me fall in love with myself ❤
Why don’t you slow down a little to make your gratitude list! Happy World Gratitude Day, everyone!